2020-21 Swim and Dive Season
Hello, everyone and welcome to the 2020-21 swimming and diving season. As of now, everything is on as regularly scheduled. We will have a zoom meeting to go over what the first week of practice will look like and procedures that we will have to follow at the facilities.
Here are a few things that you need to start taking care of now.
- You must have a completed physical on file. You CANNOT practice without a completed physical on file.
- You can download the physical from the county website. Here is a link:
- You need to upload the physical via Parent Vue. Make sure it is completely filled out and all signatures and initials are done. The Physical Examination Form and the Medical Eligibility Form need to be filled out and completed by the person conducting your physical.
The first week of practice is scheduled is as follows. All practices will be held at Cobb Central Aquatic Center.
Monday, October 12th 8pm to 9pm
Tuesday, October 13th 8pm to 9pm
Wednesday, October 14th 7pm to 8:30pm (This night we will hold Time Trials)
Thursday, October 15th 8pm to 9pm
You will practice twice a week. For right now, that will be on Monday and Wednesday. It
will either by at 7pm or 8pm based on the day. More details to follow.
3) Due to COVID-19, we are going to have to do a few things before you are allowed into
practice. Along with this letter there is a copy of the county guidelines that we have to ask
athletes when they get to practice. If you answer yes for one of those questions, you will be
sent home. If you have one of the symptoms, stay home and don’t come to practice. I will go
over this when we have our meeting before the season starts.
4) We will not be doing any preseason conditioning, so it will be up to you to do what you think
is best to prepare for practices. Many of you are already involved in some fall activity or
sport, so that will help. I would walk, run, or go to the pool and start swimming some laps.
5) After the first week of practice, we will have a mandatory booster club meeting, Details
about that will be announced later.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me David.Reason@cobbk12.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to a terrific season and Go Mustangs.